Tuesday, November 22, 2011

41 weeks (well, almost)

Introducing me, the human wrecking ball:



I've had a few days of pretty steady contractions, although mainly of the Braxton Hicks variety. Once in a while a "real one" will sneak its way in there, but never frequently enough to amount to anything. I have been assured that no one has ever been pregnant forever, but I'm beginning to question the veracity of this statement. I stayed home from work today, confident that today was the day, only to have the contractions slow down. Jeff and I went to the Nook for lunch, hoping that maybe an enormous cheeseburger would crowd the baby out. We'll have to report back later on the soundness of this plan.

At this point, we're both just beyond excited to meet our little girl, and of course I'm feeling rather uncomfortable carrying so much baby around. But apparently my womb is super comfortable, and the baby appears unwilling to make an entrance at this very moment. I keep reminding myself that these things happen when they're meant to happen, but I see no good reason why that time shouldn't be RIGHT NOW.

1 comment:

Mommy Madness in MI said...

I love your oh so forced smile in this pic! That is one impressive baby belly you're totally rocking! Can't wait for my niece to make her grand entrance...sooner then later we all hope!