Wednesday, November 09, 2011

39 Weeks

39 weeks today...and not a whole lot to report. I think we're finally to the point where we feel "ready" insofar as brand new parents can ever be ready. I am pretty sure we have all the required elements to keep a baby alive, at the very least. I still can't really wrap my head around the fact that in a few weeks (at most) we will have a little baby girl that we are totally responsible for. I know I should be savoring these last few days of relative freedom, but I'm so utterly uncomfortable that it's difficult to really fully embrace this time. I've finally reached that stage where labor no longer frightens me, mainly because I am just at that point where I am in a good deal of pain and I figure one day of insanity is worth it if it will alleviate the chronic, daily pain that I'm dealing with. Plus, I miss being able to just be quick and energetic. I miss running up the stairs, going on brisk walks, actually bending over in yoga. Getting back to this level of movement will be a welcome change!

And, of course, I can't wait to meet Baby Girl! For now, I'm stuck staring at my belly, wondering what this little girl will be like. Right now I don't have a whole lot to go on. She seems opinionated (she hates hot water bottles placed too close to her head) and strong (she is definitely trying to bust through my rib cage), two qualities that I appreciate in a girl. The rest...well, only time will tell.

So, here I am, contemplating my belly and trying to determine if I can get any bigger:






Oh, and here I am, sitting on my exercise ball, where I spend quite a bit of time these days. Oh baby!

1 comment:

Mommy Madness in MI said...

Looking great sis! Can't wait for my niece's arrival! Love you!